We are looking for web applications developers for "OpsManager", a new suite of web services that is revolutionizing the way oilfield services companies and their clients manage operational data. The company has already developed and implemented the inventory management and field reporting modules and is looking to add many others, such as for personnel and equipment planning, maintenance tracking, quality records and health & safety data.
You'll be inheriting code from Neo, a leading lean and agile consultancy, so you know that the code is well written, well factored and is covered by a complete set of automated tests. You'll be expected to continue producing well tested quality code, help build the technical team and work with the business to define requirements and scope. The current technical stack is Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Backbone.js, jQuery, CoffeeScript and HTML5 technologies with testing done in RSpec and Jasmine.
There will be opportunities for key development staff to participate in OpsManager through stock options.
This full time position is based in SINGAPORE.
Skills & Requirements
Ideally, you'd have been an engineer on a public web application before and have:
- a BSc degree from a reputable university, or significant production experience on well known applications
- experience with and a love for agile and lean development methods
- ability to manage scoping and requirements gathering sessions with nontechnical business people
- a track record of shipping
- experience selecting, hiring, and training software engineers would be a plus